What could possibly be more fun then shopping? Shopping with family of course! Who doesn't love going to Toys R Us and the mall with your parents and two younger siblings? Usually, me. Though somehow, it was different that day.
All I'd eaten so far that day was a yummy vanilla yogurt and had a bottle of water, but I was bouncing off the walls with energy. Normally it doesn't work out that way and I wasn't complaining in the least, though, my mom was going to later.
So on our shopping adventure that we so happily went on, our first stop was Toys R Us. Fourteen or not, that's one awesome store and tons of fun, so no whinning from me! Or Britt, who couldn't wait to get out of her carseat.
Now as most people can tell, I enjoy looking a bit different, so I was getting some odd looks to start with. My five year old attitude wasn't helping out much, so when I grabbed a few toys and started playing with them things just seemed to get weirder.
Walking through the store me, my sister Cori, and my dad were messing around worse then usually, and cracking jokes at things we shouldn't have noticed. [It's not our fault the animal figures are annotamicly correct!] It's not our fault that we have fun being brats, it's just the way my dad is, and the way me and my sister were raised.
Usually, my mom is what most people might consider a 'kill joy' and my dad is the type of guy that could walk into a highschool and probably fit right in. As you can tell, there's conflict when it's fun time.
Britt, who's four, likes to go 'surfing' when we're at certain places. And by surfing I mean, standing up in the cart and trying not to fall over while my dad drives it like we're at a Nascar race. So when Britt tried to do this with my mom, things got a little odd. As my mom was telling Britt to sit down or get out of the cart, Cori, being the genius she is, said that dad always let her do that. [This is where the flashback of Cori telling my mom 'Oh when you go to work we burn old McDonald's toys in the fireplace!' conversation came back.] On turn my mom told Britt not to listen to her daddy while we're in public because he lies. I found that quite funny.
Now, my family is kind of odd as you can see. I stand out the most because I'm always in all back, or I look like a rainbow. Britt is usually sporting some Nick Jr show somewhere on her tiny body, and Cori is on the fence of being preppy, and being like me. We're a big mix. So, we can get quite a few looks walking around, and with my mom saying not to listen to dad, we just got more.
Don't you love it when you're in the spotlight?
Afterwards, things got worse. Me and my dad were messing around, tossing a ball to one another while Cori kept messing with some music box and sang 'Ding fries are done' to the beat. By now my mom ditched us to go shopping with Britt, but, she wasn't out of ear shot. Soon we all started singing that blasted song and my mom decided to drag us away to the video game section. Not a very smart idea. We started poking fun at silly video game titles and images.
Sadly the end of our first shopping adventure had come and my dad started paying for whatever we kids threw into the cart. As we were walking out, bags in hand, I heard my mom talking on her cell phone to my aunt. Me, being nosey, listened in on whatever I could. That's when the funniest thing I had heard all vacation was said by my mom, to my aunt...
"I'm never going shopping with these clowns again."
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment