Friday, January 23, 2009

Worst Part...

I think the saddest part, and at the same time most disturbing part, of Animal Farm is when Napoleon decides to kill all the 'traitors'. The fact that he had the dogs rip out the little pig's throats at first was uncalled for. How do we really know the poor little pigs were traitors? Maybe Napoleon tricked them into admitting falsehoods. He is very sly and is willing to do anything to prove a point, including lying and cheating his way to the top. It's like another scapgoat for him.
Also, and this is a spoiler to anyone who hasn't finishedthe book, I think the ending is pretty demented. The pigs almost completely transform into humans! They walk on two legs, they talk to the humans, they even play cards (and cheat) like we do. The first part of the book was all about how humans are so terrible but with Snowball gone almost all that is forgotten. Napoleon twists everything so terribly that he turns the farm back to Manor Farm. I just think that doing that, although portrays humans very well, is utterly demented and wrong.

No comments: