Since I've already read Animal Farm this semester so I can't exactly say what I think of it so far, but give more of an overall view. I honestly think Animal Farm is a great book that teaches a lot of great lessons. This book teaches us about how power can corrupt and turn any good thing bad. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. It also shows that all actions have consequences and that everything that can go wrong, probably will go wrong.
As for characters in the story, I find it really funny. The type of animals each person from history is attached to is just a way to show how the author views them. Boxer, for example, is blindly following and trusting in Napoleon, like some workers did back in the revolution. The leaders as pigs just goes to show that they were sloppy and dirty with their actions. Others like sheep are the lower class who do watever they're told without question (like most of our society today).
I enjoy this book on occasion and find it to be a great insight on different lessons and a better way to understand a vital time in history.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment